Lumineers allow you to achieve a beautiful, perfect smile without having to go through the hassle of sitting through multiple office visits. After 2 office visits, you will walk out looking like a celebrity with a straighter, whiter smile.
What are Lumineers?
In many ways they are very similar to veneers. They are made of an extremely thin, natural looking porcelain and are designed to help you improve your smile. There is one major difference between veneers and Lumineers – the process used to apply the porcelain to the teeth.
Unlike veneers, which require your dentist to drill and file down your natural teeth, the Lumineers can be applied directly on top of your natural teeth. This non-invasive bonding process allows you to keep your natural teeth intact and not go through the painful process of drilling and filing your natural teeth.
Who Should Consider Getting Lumineers?
Lumineers can instantly transform your smile and cover up minor imperfections. This makes it a great dental procedure for individuals who are looking to improve their smile without destroying their natural teeth or having to schedule multiple office visits.
In the past, they have been used for the following reasons:
- Permanently whiten and brighten discolored and stained teeth
- Fix chipped teeth, especially when they occur in the front of the mouth
- Eliminate gaps between the teeth or spacing issues
- Straighten crooked teeth
- Create a uniform look by reshaping misshapen or small teeth
- Improve the appearance of old dental work, such as crowns or bridges
- Create the appearance of a beautiful, bright Hollywood smile
Tumwater Family Dentistry is proud to offer Lumineers to patients who are looking to improve their smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Downing to discuss whether or not you are a good candidate.